How to wrap a golf club for a birthday or Christmas? A golf club is a somewhat awkward item to wrap up as a gift. It does not have a square kind of shape, making it extremely obvious what the gift is, depending on your wrapping method. Evidently, this rather defeats the purpose of wrapping a gift!
In our article, down below, we will teach you some golf club wrapping methods that are simple, and some methods that make it hard to guess the gift is a golf club!
How to Wrap a Golf Club for a Birthday or Christmas?
Down below are some of the three best and most creative ways to wrap a golf club for a birthday or Christmas. To fill your mind with the best ideas, read until the end, our favorite one is method 3!
Method 1: Captain Obvious
The Captain Obvious method makes it obvious what the gift is, but it is also the simplest, fastest, and most economical way to wrap a golf club! This method should take you under 5 minutes to complete.
How to Wrap a Golf Club: Captain Obvious
1. Wrap some tissue paper compactly around the club head, and tape it into place.
2. Place the golf club shaft on a rectangular piece of wrapping paper.
3. Wrap the wrapping paper around the golf club shaft, and tape it into place.
4. Tape both ends of the rolled up wrapping paper to close and secure it to the golf club.
5. Attach your ribbon or bow right above the club head to mask the intersection between tissue paper and wrapping paper.
6. Hide the gift until it is time to gift it.
Method 2: Sausage
The Sausage wrapping method is the least economical way to wrap a golf club in this article, but it is simple to do. Furthermore, the Sausage method makes it impossible for the person receiving the gift to know what is inside. This method should take you around 5 minutes to complete.
-Cardboard tube/Mailing Tube/Shipping Tube (Make sure you get the right size)
-Ribbon or Bow
How to Wrap a Golf Club: Sausage
1. Place the cardboard tube on the table in front of you. Place the golf club in the cardboard tube.
2. Throw some pieces of tissue paper into the cardboard tube to soften the golf club’s impacts against the tube.
3. Plug the cardboard tube’s extremities with the covers that came with the tube. If your cardboard tube came without covers, you can improvise with foam toppers, pillows, plush toys, or maybe even generous amounts of tape.
4. Roll some wrapping paper around the cardboard tube and secure it with tape. Fold the extremities of the wrapping paper and secure them with tape to fully cover the cardboard tube.
5. Attach your ribbon or bow to the center of the tube.
6. (Optional) Further decorate the wrapping paper with ribbon roll, bows, ribbons, tags, markers, stickers. Bring the gift wrapping to life!
7. Hide the gift until it is time to gift it.
Method 3: Giant Lollipop
The Giant Lollipop wrapping method is the most creative method on this list, without a doubt. Your friends and family are sure to smile when they see a giant “lollipop” in the living room! This method makes it quite hard to guess that there is a golf club under the wrapping. The expected time to complete this method is 10 to 15 minutes.
-Big transparent plastic bag
-Flat circular pillow
How to Wrap a Golf Club: Giant Lollipop
1. Cut a hole into the flat circular pillow just big enough to let the golf club head through.
2. Push the golf club head into the circular pillow. Use tape or some other sealant to prevent the pillow stuffing from coming out.
3. Wrap some wrapping paper around the golf club shaft, but let the white part of the wrapping paper show. Secure the wrapping paper with tape and fold the extremities accordingly. The golf club shaft should now look like a white lollipop stick.
4. Wrap some wrapping paper around the flat circular pillow, pulling and pinching it at the base of the golf club to make it look like a lollipop wrapper. Wrap some tape around the section where you pinched the wrapping paper.
5. Put your big plastic bag over the wrapped flat circular pillow.
6. Grab your ribbon roll and put some string around the pinched area. Tighten it as much as you can around both the plastic bag and the wrapping paper. Make a knot in the string and close it with a decorative bow pattern. In addition, if you have an extra bow or ribbon, you can add it to the pinched area to make the gift look even more beautiful. The golf club should now look like a giant lollipop.
7. Hide the gift until it is time to gift it.
In summary, we taught you three awesome golf club wrapping techniques sure to increase the festive joy! Hopefully, the Captain Obvious, Sausage and Giant Lollipop techniques will be more than enough to satisfy your gift wrapping needs!
Do you have any fun wrapping variations you have tried out on a golf club? Share with us in the comments down below!